Muffins with whole frozen strawberries, shredded sweetened coconut, white chocolate chips with a hint of vanilla. They are topped with shredded coconut to give them the slight crisp top.
The crumb is so tender that they require a paper cup otherwise they would fall apart. A fork was required for sure this time around!.
Makes 12 large muffins.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter – softened (I put mine in the microwave for 10 seconds)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tables spoons of orange juice
- 1/2 cup of shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1 ½ cups lemon flavor low-fat yogurt (not Greek style)
- 1/4 white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups frozen whole strawberries
- about 1/2 cup of shredded sweetened coconut flakes – for topping
- 12 paper muffin cups
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees making sure your oven rack is in the lower middle position.
- Beat the soften butter and sugar with mixer on medium-high speed starting at a lower speed to prevent a big mess. Do this until it is light and fluffy (for just a few minutes).
- Add vanilla extract, orange juice, 1/2 cup coconut flakes then one egg at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
- With the mixer, beat in half of dry ingredients and half of yogurt into the butter sugar. Repeat with the remaining.
- Fold in white chocolate chips then strawberries
- Add 12 paper cups to a muffin tin
- Using a large ice-cream scoop, add one heaping scoop per paper lined tin
- Sprinkle each muffin with coconut flakes
- Bake for 25-28 minutes – You are looking for a golden brown top
- Remove muffin tin from oven and rest for five minutes on the cool stove top or wire rack
- Remove muffins from tin and place on wire track to cool for just a few minutes
- Eat warm!