Homemade meatballs with Spinach yes they are good. No I mean they are really good and would go so far to say they are the best meatballs I have ever made and the best tasting meatballs I have ever tasted!
1 pound Ground Chuck 85/20
1 pound Ground Pork
6 oz thawed Chopped Spinach – squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can
1 large Egg
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs – I used bread crumbs that I ground from a stale homemade French bread
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 teaspoons dried Parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons dried Basel
1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
3/4 cup Bread Crumbs for coating meatballs
Mix it, meld it, roll it, cook it
1) Add all ingredients to bowl expect the 3/4 cup of bread crumbs
2) Mix well with your finger tips trying not to squish the mix but just blending well
3) Cover with plastic wrap, pressing wrap to mix so there is no air gap
4) Store in Frig for at least a few hours to meld the flavors. Mine was in the Frig for about 5 hours
5) Form meatballs to even sizes. I used a scale ensure each meatball weighed about the same
6) Coat each meatball with remaining 3/4 cups of bread crumbs. I put the bread crumbs in a bowl and rolled each ball around after I weighed the ball. Place meatballs on a large cooking sheet.
7) Preheat oven to 400 F
8) Cook for about 20 minutes turning over halfway through the cooking time.
I served these with homemade Pasta and sauce top with Parmesan cheese (see picture below).
This recipe was inspired by Alton Browns meatball recipe and recent podcast. He knows what he is doing, even though I changed the recipe. Sorry I just won’t eat Lamb.