Avocado with fried egg is a great combination on a sandwich and this is the first time I have ever tried this. This is a simple meal and a very satisfying! I will be making this again.
- Fresh buns – sliced – I used large homemade buns
- Provolone cheese
- Deli Ham – sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- Avocado – sliced
- Tomato – sliced if desired
- Hot Sauce – if desired
- Fresh ground pepper
- Warm the ham in a pan for about 10 seconds each side
- Add butter to pan wait for it to melt then add the egg. While the egg is cooking spoon the melted butter from the pan on top of the egg until done
- Add buns to same pan to toast and warm slightly
- To build the sandwich put bottom half of bun on plate followed by the cheese, ham, egg, sliced avocado, pepper. Optionally you can add the tomato and or hot sauce.
- Slice if to big then eat!
Just try and eat just one.
I was not going to post these dipped strawberries but my family went crazy over these after taking just one bite. Yes I will be making these again after that kind of response!
- Fresh clean Strawberries – you pick the amount you want to make
- 12 oz – Milk Chocolate Morsels – you will have leftovers so go ahead and make candy bars
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Shorting
- a few table spoons of shredded Sweetened Coconut
- a few table spoons of Confectioners Sugar
Building – Dipping be creative
- In a microwave safe dish add morsels and vegetable shorting. Heating in microwave for 30 seconds then stir. Heat for 10 seconds then stir. Repeat until smooth
- Holding the strawberry by the stem dip the tip of strawberry into chocolate
- Be creative and dip the chocolate covered strawberry into either the coconut and or confectioners sugar or nothing at all. Repeat this until you have a verity of covered strawberries
- Chill in refrigerator for about an hour before serving
Chilled and ready to eat!
An enchilada that is not an enchilada but a cross between an enchilada and lasagna, yes its possible and better yet very tasty.
I wanted to get out of my recent repeat meal cycle and as a result I came up with this meal. Yes the meat and veggie part of the meal is similar to a recipe I came up with before but does not taste the same when combined like this.
Oh and this tastes great leftover the next day!
- 1 can of Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce
- 8 Corn Tortillas (or however many fit your baking dish)
- 1 cup – Cooked White Rice
- 1 pound of Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Green Bell Pepper – chopped
- 1 Yellow onion – chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves – diced
- dash of Salt
- 1 can of Black beans – drained
- 2 bricks of Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Cook it, build it, Cook it , Eat it
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Add vegetable oil and let heat then add green pepper then onion to medium high heated skillet and cook for about 3 minutes or until they just start to turn brown
- Add ground beef to skillet brown and crumble
- Add Black beans, garlic and dash of salt and mix well
- Heat Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce in microwave for about a minute. Put this in a container with a large opening as you will be dipping the corn tortillas into the container
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray
- Now do the building and cook it:
- Dip 2 tortillas into the Enchilada Sauce and place the tortillas on the bottom of the baking dish
- Add a portion of the meat veggie mixture in an even layer then top with cheese then two more dipped tortillas
- Add a layer of white rice then cheese and yes two more dipped tortillas
- Once again add a portion of the meat veggie mixture in an even layer then top with cheese then two more dipped tortillas
- Pour sauce into baking dish carefully covering your stack of goodness
- Top with cheese
- Cover the baking dish in aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove foil and broil until cheese is bubbly and a golden brown
- Let cool in baking dish for a few minutes before cutting and serving
This is the sauce I used. It does say mild on the can but I would say this is medium.
The very first layer
We have a layer of tortillas, meat and veggie mix, cheese, tortillas, rice, cheese, tortilla, meat and veggie mix, and cheese
I added another layer of tortillas, the sauce and cheese. Now it’s ready for the oven!
Cooling and waiting to be cut and served