My mom gave me a new toy! It’s a KitchenAid stand mixer! I was so excited I could hardly maintain control! After I settled down a bit I was thinking what could I make first? Could it be pizza dough, cup cakes with homemade frosting, cookies, breads, rolls, on and on the list could go. Something had to be first and I wanted it to be easy so I can learn how to properly use the machine. So pizza dough won out plus I have been wanting to try out my idea of a breakfast style pizza. Hmm two new things at once, so many variables. Lets do it!
As for the pizza dough I made the one found in the recipe book that came in the box called “Crusty Pizza Dough” which you can find by doing a search for “KitchenAid Crusty Pizza Dough” on the internet.
- Pizza dough
- 1 stick of melted butter
- A few tables spoons of oil
- A few tables spoons of of corn meal
- 8 eggs – cooked scrambled
- deli ham – chopped – enough to cover the pizza
- Cheeses – I used a new cheese blend call Mac and Cheese blend
- Cooked chopped bacon – enough to your liking
Steps to building a fine breakfast pizza
- Make the Pizza dough and roll it out to fit the cast iron pizza pan
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Brush oil onto a cast iron pizza pan then sprinkle with corn meal
- Place the dough onto the a cast iron pizza pan
- Brush the dough with melted butter
- Top with an even layer of cooked scrambled eggs
- Add the ham
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Add the bacon
- Heat the cast iron on the stove top for a few minutes to get things started. This will help the pizza cook faster in the oven and help crisp up the bottom of the pizza.
- Cook pizza for about 15 minutes or until the cheese just starts to turn brown
- Let rest for 5 minutes, cut, serve and enjoy. We sure did at my home!