This pizza is so good you will have to make it again and will not be able to stop at eating two pieces. I mean this is REALLY GOOD! I would not change a thing.
If you try this let me know what you think. This was a huge hit in my house. Plus it was a great use of leftovers.
Ingredients – for a 12 inch pizza
- Pizza dough – homemade or store bought. I went with homemade using my bread machine to kick things off
- 5 small BBQ Chicken thighs – cooked and chopped. I used my leftovers that I cooked on the gill. I grilled them four minutes per side, brushed with BBQ sauce on each side cooking an additional 30 seconds each side
- 1/4 cup – Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce – enough to just coat the pizza
- 1 Onion sliced into rings then sliced in half
- 3 slices of cooked bacon – chopped
- 1 cup of grated white cheeses blend – just enough to coat the top of the pizza
- Dash of Oregano to garnish
Build it and they will eat it!
- Prepare pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Caramelize the onion
- Top the pizza dough with BBQ sauce (see picture below)
- Top the pizza with the onion, chicken, bacon and cheeses
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese in golden brown
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing
- See if you can only eat two pieces!