I was looking for a good cake recipe and my friend came to the rescue with this dark chocolate cake recipe. I made this last year for Mothers day and again this year because it was such a huge hit.
Please don’t eat this all in one sitting! Yes it’s that good! You can freeze leftovers if needed.
Also this goes great with vanilla ice cream and coffee.
Note to guys: You must make this for your wife!
Dark Chocolate Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Pkge – Duncan Hines Devils food cake mix
- 1 Pkge small – Chocolate instant pudding
- 1/2 Cup – Warm water
- 1/2 Cup – ccoking oil i.e. Crisco
- 4 large – Eggs
- 1 Cup – Sour cream
- 1 small bag – Dark Chocolate chips
- For dusting – Confectioners sugar
Mix it all about
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and confectioners sugar
- Beat 4 minutes on medium speed
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Bake in a greased & floured Bundt pan at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or until done
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes
- Turn out on wire rack and cool completely
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar – I used a fine meshed strainer taping with my hand