One recent late night this recipe came to me. I am not sure why it came to me but it does not matter now I just had to give it a try. It turned out just as I expected it to and that would be a crunchy not overpowering taste but satisfying to the taste buds.
Ingredients – for 6 wraps
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6 Asparagus – uncooked and be sure to cut off about a 1/2 unch from the bottom of the spear
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese – shredded
- 3 Bacon slices cooked – slice the bacon length wise
- 6 Flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- a few tablespoons of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons – Balsamic vinegar
Top it, Wrap it, Cook it
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cook chicken in a skillet heated to medium high for about 4 minutes per side – you might want to add a dash of salt to each piece of chicken
- Cut the Chicken into strips then cook an additional minute or two turning to brown all sides
- Add oil to a plate or other shallow dish
- Heat stack of tortillas in the microwave for about 45 seconds
- Using tongs pick up one tortilla at a time and coat both side with oil. Allow oil to drip from the tortilla
- Place tortilla on a flat surface then add shredded Parmesan cheese, bacon and finally chicken.
- Just roll this thing up and place it seem side down on a baking sheet. Repeat until done.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until the tortillas are hard and a bit brown
- Plate a serving topping with a splash of Balsamic vinegar and a dash of grated Parmesan cheese
I added a side of Broccoli florets that had a splash of Balsamic vinegar, splash olive oil, salt and pepper. I put this in a shallow baking dish adding it to the oven with the wraps.