This pizza is so good you will have to make it again and will not be able to stop at eating two pieces. I mean this is REALLY GOOD! I would not change a thing.
If you try this let me know what you think. This was a huge hit in my house. Plus it was a great use of leftovers.
Ingredients – for a 12 inch pizza
- Pizza dough – homemade or store bought. I went with homemade using my bread machine to kick things off
- 5 small BBQ Chicken thighs – cooked and chopped. I used my leftovers that I cooked on the gill. I grilled them four minutes per side, brushed with BBQ sauce on each side cooking an additional 30 seconds each side
- 1/4 cup – Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce – enough to just coat the pizza
- 1 Onion sliced into rings then sliced in half
- 3 slices of cooked bacon – chopped
- 1 cup of grated white cheeses blend – just enough to coat the top of the pizza
- Dash of Oregano to garnish
Your onions should look like this.
Everything but the cheese.
Build it and they will eat it!
- Prepare pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Caramelize the onion
- Top the pizza dough with BBQ sauce (see picture below)
- Top the pizza with the onion, chicken, bacon and cheeses
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese in golden brown
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing
- See if you can only eat two pieces!
Top with BBQ sauce
I have BBQ sauce, I have chicken, I have onion, I have bacon.
I am cheesy and ready to be baked!
Waiting to be sliced
still waiting to be sliced
How do I look from this side?
I was looking for a good cake recipe and my friend came to the rescue with this dark chocolate cake recipe. I made this last year for Mothers day and again this year because it was such a huge hit.
Please don’t eat this all in one sitting! Yes it’s that good! You can freeze leftovers if needed.
Also this goes great with vanilla ice cream and coffee.
Note to guys: You must make this for your wife!
Dark Chocolate Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Pkge – Duncan Hines Devils food cake mix
- 1 Pkge small – Chocolate instant pudding
- 1/2 Cup – Warm water
- 1/2 Cup – ccoking oil i.e. Crisco
- 4 large – Eggs
- 1 Cup – Sour cream
- 1 small bag – Dark Chocolate chips
- For dusting – Confectioners sugar
Mix it all about
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and confectioners sugar
- Beat 4 minutes on medium speed
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Bake in a greased & floured Bundt pan at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or until done
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes
- Turn out on wire rack and cool completely
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar – I used a fine meshed strainer taping with my hand
Crunchy and tasty
One recent late night this recipe came to me. I am not sure why it came to me but it does not matter now I just had to give it a try. It turned out just as I expected it to and that would be a crunchy not overpowering taste but satisfying to the taste buds.
Ingredients – for 6 wraps
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6 Asparagus – uncooked and be sure to cut off about a 1/2 unch from the bottom of the spear
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese – shredded
- 3 Bacon slices cooked – slice the bacon length wise
- 6 Flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- a few tablespoons of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons – Balsamic vinegar
Top it, Wrap it, Cook it
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cook chicken in a skillet heated to medium high for about 4 minutes per side – you might want to add a dash of salt to each piece of chicken
- Cut the Chicken into strips then cook an additional minute or two turning to brown all sides
- Add oil to a plate or other shallow dish
- Heat stack of tortillas in the microwave for about 45 seconds
- Using tongs pick up one tortilla at a time and coat both side with oil. Allow oil to drip from the tortilla
- Place tortilla on a flat surface then add shredded Parmesan cheese, bacon and finally chicken.
- Just roll this thing up and place it seem side down on a baking sheet. Repeat until done.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until the tortillas are hard and a bit brown
- Plate a serving topping with a splash of Balsamic vinegar and a dash of grated Parmesan cheese
Just before we wrap
I added a side of Broccoli florets that had a splash of Balsamic vinegar, splash olive oil, salt and pepper. I put this in a shallow baking dish adding it to the oven with the wraps.
Before the cook
Fun with Quesadillas!
Add the chips too!
With Cinco de Mayo coming up and great food sales what better way to celebrate and have fun with food by making Quesadillas and tortilla chips! Yes I know Quesadillas are easy to make but they still taste good and the real fun part is coming up with your own creation. I am going all out here not just cheese but a blend of different ingredients some even leftovers.
I also made some homemade tortilla chips and will start with those first. The homemade baked tortilla chips are very easy to make and taste so much better then store bought.
The making of a chip
Ingredients for Tortilla Chips
- Tortillas – flour or corn or both – I went with both
- Vegetable oil – small bowl enough to dip a cut tortilla into
- Lime juice – from a fresh squeezed lime
- Kosher salt
Baked Tortilla Chips Steps
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cut a stack of tortillas with a pizza cutting into well pizza looking slices
- Combine the oil and Lime juice blend well
- Using tongs dip each tortilla slice into the oil lime blend making sure the blend runs off the slice. You don’t want it to oily
- Place each oil lime coated pre-tortilla chip in a single layer on a baking sheet then put a dash of salt on each chip
- Cook for 7 minutes but check after 5 minutes. You are looking for these to brown just a bit and maybe even bubble a bit. Once you learn your oven you should be good to go without watching it. Mine was 7 minutes.
- Once done place on a plate and let cool for a bit. The chips will become more crunchy as the cool.
- Top then, eat them, enjoy them!
Moving on to the making the Quesadillas you need to decide what you want in them. I decided to go with the ingredients below but not all in one Quesadilla! I put out all the ingredients and have people decide what they want. It only takes a minute to build and a few minutes to warm up/cook.
What do YOU want in your Quesadilla?
Ingredients for your Quesadilla – pick one pick all it’s up to you
Build your Quesadilla!
- Place cheese on half a tortilla
- On the same half add a couple of table spoons of select ingredients from above. Be creative here and mix it up!
- Top with cheese – yes on the same half. The cheese will help it stick together
- Fold over the empty side an add to a medium high heat skillet for a few minutes each side
- Remove from skillet once the cheese is melted and the tortilla is slightly brown
- Wait a few minutes for the Quesadilla to cool before cutting with a pizza cutter
- You can top them, dip them or just dive in and eat them. These are so good!
In the skillet waiting for side one to melt the cheese and tortilla to slightly brown