I am not sure how to categorize this dish, lets just go with creativity. I wanted to come up with something different and tasty that included Tri-Color Couscous and Chickpeas. Those two ingredients are not that tasty alone or even together so I had to get creative.
- Tri-Color Couscous – I cooked the entire package and cooking per package instructions. I added a link to show what these are http://www.worldmarket.com/product/world-market-tri-color-couscous.do?&from=fn
- Yellow onion – sliced
- Olive oil – a few tablespoons
- Garlic clove – chopped
- Chickpeas -1 12 oz can – heated in microwave then drained
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Cotto Salami – about 3 or 4 slices cut in to strips
- Asparagus – Cooked in the microwave for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
Start cooking the Tri-Color Couscous.
Heat a skillet with a few tablespoons of olive oil then cook the onion until soft then remove. To the same pan crisp up the Cotto Salami then remove. Again to the same same pan add garlic just enough to heat.
Slice about half the cooked Asparagus into bite sized pieces.
Add the tomato paste and garlic to the drained chickpeas in a small bowel to combine.
Add about 3/4 cup of Tri-Color Couscous to a plate then top with the Chickpea blend. Now per your taste add the sliced Asparagus, Onion and Cotto Salami. Add a couple of whole Asparagus to the side and serve.
Results of experiment: Success!