What to do with Corned Beef leftovers? Corned Beef hash of course!
Ingredients for the Corned Beef hash
- Leftover Corned Beef of course
- 3 medium sized Golden Potatoes – I will let you think this one over
- 1 medium Yellow onion – chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic – diced
- Dash of salt
- Couple grinds of fresh ground pepper
This is a simple and tasty meal that pairs well with eggs and Greek Yogurt Pancakes.
- Cube the raw potatoes in to small sizes
- Add potatoes to the skillet that has been heated to medium low and cook with the lid for about 10 minutes. You are trying to soften the potatoes. You can test the potatoes progress by using a fork to poke the potato piece. If the fork goes in easy you are ready for the next step. Each time you open the lid to test the potatoes be sure to flip the potatoes.
- Stir the potatoes keeping the lid off
- Chop the onion and add to a separate skillet heated to meduim high cooking until translucent then remove from pan
- Stir the potatoes again. You are trying to brown the potatoes just a bit
- Chop the corned beef and add to the skillet you cooked the onion in cooking until crispy
- Now add the onion, crispy corned beef, garlic and chopped onion with the potatoes blending well. Be careful not to break up the soft potatoes.
- Now you are trying to crisp up your new blend so so you will need to make it flat using your spatula.
- Let the blend brown up and only flip a section at a time. Continue doing this until brown and crisp but not burnt!
- Add the salt and pepper to the mix then serve